IFTPC’s sole purpose is to propel the growth of the Indian entertainment industry by creating promising partnerships, building an ecosystem for knowledge and resource sharing and developing a conducive environment for conducting fair trade and exchanges.
We are member-centric and are committed to work in the best interest of our members. Some of the key benefits of membership are as listed below:
- You can register titles of your choice with the council. The council will provide a title certificate to the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) during censorship of your films.
- You can present your film publicity to the council for clearance. The council will provide a publicity certificate to the CBFC during censorship of your films.
- There are several policies and decisions issued by the sate and the central governments from time-to-time; these have a directly impact on the business of producers. To ensure that the industry is subject to fair taxation, copyright act, cinematography law etc., the council takes up all major issues with the government on behalf of the producers’ community.
- On behalf of its members, the council coordinates with foreign companies to facilitate speedy and smooth completion of formalities for shooting in India.
- The council offers technical guideline and assistance to new entrants through complete life-cycle of film making, marketing and distribution.
- On behalf of its members, the council coordinates with workers association for resolving issues between producers and workers. The council makes best attempt to maintain the shooting schedule.
- The council acts as an intermediary to resolve issues that members are facing. There are several instances where the council has amicably settled issues between two producers.
- As per the guidelines set by these governmental bodies, the council assists members in their coordination with the CBFC and the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (I&B).
- The council encourages members to support various initiatives for the betterment of the society and the nation.
- The council organizes conferences and seminars for members; the council also identifies relevant third party events and encourages members to register.